“…Blessed be Your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise. You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship You.” Nehemiah 9:5-6
“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by Your will they were created and have their being.” Revelation 4:11
We just proclaimed our choice to anchor our soul in hope, that is the Lord, here. That hope brings change.
But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. Jeremiah 17:7 (NLT)
God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure… Hebrews 6:18-19
Be encouraged to anchor your soul in the hope and confidence we are able to have in Him.
Last month, me, the hubs and around 100 of our church family traveled to Kissimmee, FL to attend our Every Nation 2013 World Conference. Along with over 60 other nations in attendance, we delved into Every Nation’s mission “to honor God by establishing Christ-centered, Spirit-empowered, socially responsible churches and campus ministries in every nation” by exploring the initiative to GO.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you… Matthew 28:19-20
Amongst a myriad of sessions topics, we listened to and discussed testimonies and sermons that encouraged us to GO; not only to the nations, but also to the next generation; our neighbor; and the needy. (Listen to podcasts of these sessions here.)
The experience of worshipping our God with the nations – a resemblance of what heaven will look like – has forever left an impression and motivation on my heart. And, the understanding that my GO does not have to look like your GO, has charged me to to look at my ministry with a different lens.
How are you choosing to GO for Christ? Missions trips to the nations? Serving your community? Discipling your children? Sharing the gospel with your classmates and colleagues?
In this season, I am listening for His instruction, and choose to GO through Jesus Be A…blog, on my job and amongst my family and friends.
Press play to see the EN 2013 recap. Be encouraged to say “send me!” Be encouraged to GO!
Muchas gracias to thanks to Stephanie C. of Stephanie-isms, for recognizing Jesus Be A, through the nomination of this thoughtful award! Stephanie C., I greatly appreciate your Jesus Be A readership, comments/likes and following on Twitter. I’m thrilled to connect with you and your blog…thank you!
The Liebster Award
So, it appears that “The earliest mention [of the Liebster Award]…so far happened on December 19, 2010 by a German blogger.” Liebster is German for favorite, lovely, kind, etcetera, and this award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers, with a goal of building a community, facilitating a means to connect with other bloggers and to help spread the word about newer blogs.
Liebster Award Acceptance Rules
- List 11 facts about myself
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the award
- Let them know about the nomination
- Answer the 11 questions asked when nominated
- Ask 11 questions for the new award winners to answer
My 11 (Random) Facts
- One of my favorite bible verses is Romans 8:28 (NKJV)
- I’m the oldest of four (three brothers)
- I own more nail polishes than flats #theseareafewofmyfavoritethings
- I love to read wonderful books
- James is my favorite book of the bible
- I have lived in 19 different homes in my lifetime
- My first international trip was to Japan
- The word “raunchy” irks me
- The instruction I’m currently striving to follow is Ephesians 4:29
- The hubs and I are expecting the first, new addition to our team. We’re thrilled about it!
- I’m thankful that Christ didn’t give up on me, when I gave up on Him, years ago
My (Almost) 11 Blog Nominations (in alphabetical order)
- Black Marriage Lives
- French Twist D.C.
- Here to Make Him Famous
- In Pleasant Places
- Just Selfless Love
- Posh Mumsy
- Shakirah Adianna
- Whitney James | Thrifty. Curvy. Fashionable.
My Answers to the 11 Questions Asked by Stephanie C.
- What color best describes how you are feeling today? Yellow, just because I’m joyful
- Who is your favorite superhero? Um…Jesus Be a Superhero?
- What is your favorite number? 25 because it’s the date we celebrate my birthday, the hubs’ birthday and Jesus’ birthday
- What is your favorite way to relax? Reading a great book; preferably, on the beach
- What is your favorite thing to make (craft, food, drink, whatever)? Any dinner that the hubs wants seconds of!
- What’s your favorite inspiration (book, story, poem, song, movie, etc)? The book, “Redeeming Love”, because it inspires me to love the One who loves me enough to redeem me
- What is your favorite commercial or advertisement? The 2013 VW Superbowl Commercial
- Which crayola color is your favorite (can be a discontinued color)? Lemon Yellow
- If your life was made into a movie, who would you want to play you? Myself; I think I’d be pretty good at it
- What advice would you give to yourself before starting high school? Know who you are; be okay with and bold in being a difference; do not conform for acceptance
- What is your favorite memory? My entire wedding weekend
My 11 Questions to My Blog Nominees
- Why did you begin your blog?
- What is your favorite blog post?
- What scripture or inspirational quote speaks to you the most?
- What do you need Jesus to be, in this moment? In other words: “Jesus Be A…” what?
- Who or what inspires you most?
- What is your most endeared characteristic?
- What is the best book you’ve read?
- What is one thing you wish you could tell your younger self?
- What are you most thankful for?
- What fruit of the Spirit do you desire most in this time (Galatians 5:22-23)?
- What is one goal you wish to accomplish this year (personally or for your blog)?
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it. Proverbs 3:27 (ESV)
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. 1 John 5:14-15 (NKJV)
I’m thankful that God is omnipotent and with Him, all things are possible. He is big enough. Therefore, let’s choose not to limit Him. Don’t box Him in.
Press play. Be encouraged.